Kids Camp 2023
Fun from Start to Finish!
We tell our kids that camp will be the highlight of their summer, and at the end of each summer, countless kids tell us that it was! Crazy games, themed parties, inflatables on the lake, hilarious skits, team activities, and more!
Kids’ lives are changed for eternity at Kids Camp!
Kids Camp (Ages 8-12) | July 5-8
Cost: $160 ($60 deposit to reserve your kid’s spot)
All about Kids Camp
Who Should go to camp?
What happens at camp?
Hang with Friends
Through you kid’s time at camp they will have opportunity to hang with friends and meet new ones.
Time with god
Each day your kid will have time in a service where they will worship God, learn from the camp speaker, and spend time praying with their group.
Your kid will have sooo much fun! The campground is huge and includes a lake, boats, ball fields, and so much more!
Kids Camp FAQs
Great question! Kids ages 8-12 who work well in a group setting and are able to follow directions will thrive at camp! Kids in need of regular redirection or more 1:1 attention should wait until they are a bit older. See the video above for more information.
See the video above and get a behind-the-sceens view of our speaker on his YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/@kylejorris2750
Kids are placed on teams of approximately 8-12 kids with 1 leader.
Every camp leader with Realife Kids is a volunteer from our church who has completed a comprehensive process that includes:
- Completed and approved volunteer application
- Criminal background check
- Mandatory Kids Camp orientation
A professional food team prepares three meals every day. For children with food sensitivities, simple buffet alternatives are always available.
We have a large lake with tons of fun water inflatables and activities! Every child and leader is required to wear a life jacket at all times if they are in the water, regardless of depth. We have staff and lifeguards posted at all swimming activities.
- Check-in will be at Realife Church on July 5th @ 2pm.
- Campers will return to Realife Church at approximately 2:00pm on July 8th.
- All prescription medications (prescription and/or over-the-counter) MUST have a doctor’s order and be brought in the original pharmacy labeled container or the original manufacturer’s container to the first aid station at check-in.
- Prescription medications MUST have the camper’s name on the bottle.
- Please limit the amount of medication to only what is required for the camper’s term. Please consider foregoing the 3 days of vitamins or over the counter medications if possible – this is very helpful to our nurse!
- Please make note on the medical form of all allergies or medical conditions.
- Camp will have professional medical personnel to help students with medication or injuries.
- Sleeping bag or twin bedding
- Swim towel, Shower towel
- Shampoo/Conditioner & Soap
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- One piece swimsuit or swim trunks
- 3-5 pairs of underwear
- 3-5 pairs of socks – may get wet or muddy
- 3 old T-shirts for rec – will get dirty
- 3 pairs of shorts for rec – will get dirty
- 3 T-shirts for chapel
- 3 shorts or pants for chapel
- 1 pair of pants & sweatshirt for cool weather
- 1 pair of closed-toed shoes for rec – will get dirty
- 1 pair of shoes for chapel/free time
- 1 pair of flip flops for pool/shower
- Bug Spray and Sunscreen
- Bible (if your child does not have a Bible, we will make one available)
- Cash for concessions (about $5/day should be plenty)
Don’t bring this…
- Electronics (including cell phones, tablets, video game devices, ipods, mp3 players, etc.)
- Crop tops/two piece swim suits/spaghetti strap tanks/articles of clothing displaying questionable content
- Weapons (firearms, knives, fireworks, matches)
- Place each set of recreation clothes/chapel clothes in gallon Ziploc bags marked Day 1 recreation, Day 1 chapel, etc.
- Write your child’s first and last name on the inside of all clothing (including shoes), towels, and washcloths.
- Pack travel sized shampoo/soap that will be easy for your child to carry.
- Talk to your child about what items could be thrown away at camp (ruined socks, half used soap, etc.)
- You may even want to practice camp at home so your child knows what to take and use in the shower, what to use for brushing their teeth, what to take for swim time, etc.
- Lake Placid, The Indiana District Assemblies of God Campgrounds, are located an hour and a half north of Greenfield near Gas City.
- The campgrounds include a chapel, concession building, cafeteria, lake and separate boys’ and girls’ dorms with indoor showers and toilets.
- Your child will be housed with their teammates and leaders in bunk style rooms.
- Campers will not be allowed to make or accept phone calls unless it is an emergency.
- Your student will have a great time, and we encourage you to ask them all about it when they get home!
You will have the opportunity to leave mail for your child when you check them in for camp.
- We reserve the right to inspect contents of all personal belongings if due cause arises.
- Improper contents will be held by camp staff and returned to parent/guardian(s) at the end of camp.
- All campers will be expected to observe habits of personal cleanliness, respect for camp staff and other campers, and refrain from using foul language, including cursing and crude humor.
- Charges for items broken/damaged or stolen during camp will be billed to the parties/individual involved.
- If a child is sent home early due to sickness, behavior, or discipline issues, should camp leadership determine it is necessary, there will not be a refund given.
“Follow this link to apply to be a counselor or camp staff (must be age 16+): https://realife.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/717/responses/new